The McGregor Museum was officially founded on the 24thSeptember 1907 when the title deeds were handed over to the Management Committee. Prior to this there had been several calls for the establishment of a Museum in Kimberley but nothing had materialised. Eventually, Mrs McGregor, the widow of a previous mayor of Kimberley, Alexander McGregor, donated the funds necessary to establish the Museum. The official title was to be the Alexander McGregor Memorial Museum and it has been affectionately known over the last one hundred years as “the McGregor”. 

Close Menu